Thursday, June 16, 2011

We are gonna be parents!!!!!

On March 29th 2011 we found out that we were expecting our first baby! Let me take you back to the day before...
On the morning of March 28th I was due to fly out of Santa Barbara to Arizona because our tour was up in Santa Barbara and we were in the process of moving to Galveston, TX. I wasn't feeling well and thought it was just nerves from all the stress of moving. I went to get on my plane and started to feel faint and had to be assisted and the paramedics came to check me out.. they saw nothing wrong with me. I am anemic and hadn't taken my medicine because it was with the movers on its way to TX. So they decided to put me on a later flight so I could have time to maybe start feeling better... At that time me and Lance went to a pizza place to eat and I had told him that I thought I was pregnant and he laughed at me stating that I have never been pregnant before so how could I possibly know that... and I just said okay and had decided I would just take a test once I get to Arizona.
I was able to make it on the plane and to AZ and decided the next morning is when I would take the test.. I got up and went into my mom's bathroom and took the test (not waiting the 5 mins) I saw it said - and just threw it away. My mom then went in to go to the bathroom and asked if I waited to see the results and I stated yes it was -. So she went and got the test and said "uhhh amanda...this says you are pregnant". At that time I got a little faint and was in shock! This wasn't supposed to be happening...
I then had to figure out what the heck I was going to do. I went to my niece and nephews doc apps with my sister and she said I had to tell Lance right away. So I went outside and called Lance and told him the situation and he thought I was lying and hung up. Then called me a few more times after that just kinda in shock as well not knowing what to do now. Because this wasn't planned.
But once we got used to the idea of being a mommy and daddy we were excited! So here we are learning all about pregnancy and the do's and don'ts.
Next post we will have an ultrasound picture of the baby and tell all we have been experiencing over the last 15 weeks.

1 comment: