Monday, October 17, 2011

Fathers Are Expectant, Too


Throughout my pregnancy I have been reading a book called "What to Expect When You're Expecting". I am sure most women who have been pregnant have come across this book. Well I wasn't really interested in soaking everything up and doing it by the book but it has given me some insight on my constant mood changing and helps me understand what I am feeling and going through as well as Lance.

Being pregnant can be emotionally and physically draining. Your body is going through so much change and you don't have any control. Losing control of my body changing has been tough on me. I have never been overweight before, never had stretch marks, never been so emotional.. But it is all just a part of the process and I have been more then willing to let my body do what it needs to ensure our baby grows healthy before entering this world.

This weekend I came across a section in the book called Fathers Are Expectant, Too. This is something I haven't really put into consideration my entire pregnancy thus far. Studies have shown that fathers can experience many of the prenatal symptoms that are common in pregnant women. Although most don't show it they often get nervous over all the life changes such as being a good father, can I support this baby, being gone most of the baby's life. These are all things I am sure Lance has thought about but never addressed them with me. This chapter in the book has taught me so much about the changes and feelings that he may or may not be going through.

I want to take the time right now to thank him for everything he has done to provide for our family. And everything he does for me throughout the 5 years we have been together. But most of all I want to thank him for helping me get through this pregnancy and sticking by my side! I love him and am very grateful to have married such a great guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment